Pages

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The part where I try to have patience.

I had my 38 week appointment this morning and my first internal exam.  The OB actually suggested I not have an internal since I haven't been having any contractions (Braxton Hicks don't count).  I asked to have one anyway because I wanted to know.  Well, now I know that I've made zero progress.  My cervix is completely closed.  No mention of effacement. 

I've been telling myself all day that it really means nothing and this is probably why the OB suggested I not have one done yet.  He'll come out when he's ready, and he's just not ready yet.  However, I spend too much time online reading about women who are several weeks behind me and already dilated 2+ cm.  I'm not sure which would be worse - walking around dilated for weeks with nothing happening or not having made any progress at all.  

Maybe I should go for a walk tonight.  I do vow not to turn into one of those women who starts doing things like drinking castor oil though!

How far along: 38 weeks

Next appointment: Next Wednesday

Any new aches/pains: Nothing new.  OB told me at my appointment this morning that I can expect to start having contractions, generally after midnight, anytime now as my cervix starts to dilate. 

Maternity clothes: Nothing new here.

Sleep: I've been having major insomnia and I'm not sure why.
 
Best moment this week: Having my mom stock our freezer with food!

Movement: Still a lot of movement.

Food cravings: Nothing healthy.  Anything sweet.

Belly button: Still in.

What I miss: Not constantly bumping my belly into things.

What I'm looking forward to this week: Getting a pedicure on Sunday.

Weekly wisdom: When the OB suggests there's no reason for an internal exam, she probably knows what she's talking about and you should listen to her.

1 comment: