Pages

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The return.

I'm back!  Hopefully to stay now that I am kind of (more like barely) beginning to get the hang of this motherhood thing.  The brief rundown of Finn's entry into the world:

I was induced at 2pm on Oct. 29 due to high blood pressure, protein in my urine, and elevated liver enzymes.  All signs of HELLP.   27 hours later Finn was delivered by c-section after being face up, not budging with pushes, and starting to become distressed.  Highlights of this experience involve my epidural failing twice, having horrendous back labor, holding onto the rails of the bed yelling for more drugs as I'm wheeled to the OR, and then telling my OB that I felt like Shamu as I was lifted onto the table (I'm not sure he understood I meant I felt like Shamu when Shamu is lifted from the water on a large tarp).  Finn was born at 5:41 on Oct. 30 and weighed 8lb 0.7oz and was 20 inches long.  When my OB said I could try for a VBAC if I have another baby under 8lbs, I laughed and said "No thanks!".

Finn was awake for 4 straight hours after being born, apparently waiting for me to get out of recovery!  "Oh, he's so alert" we exclaimed along with the doctors and nurses.  The alertness would come to be a good thing and a bad thing.

More to come on Finn....

No comments:

Post a Comment