Pages

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Symptoms

Since my mother never had any pregnancy symptoms with my sister or myself (seriously, she only gained 15 lbs with each of us), I thought perhaps it was genetic. Turns out I was wrong.

My face has broken out and is greasier than I can remember since high school. My boobs and nipples are sore, which is something I never experienced around my period like some people do. It hurt to hug P last night. I burp like a man. I'm hungry often, but don't feel like eating anything. Nausea set in over the weekend, went away yesterday, and is back today. I don't think I'm actually going to throw up, but I feel like I have a horrible hangover. Too bad eating a greasy breakfast won't fix it. I'm exhausted by the afternoon. I went to bed at 8:30pm last night and could already use a nap.

Literally all I did all weekend was sit on the couch and feel icky. P was wonderful and went grocery shopping Sunday. He came back with supplies for me: 3 varieties of saltine crackers (he was overwhelmed by the choices at the store), Ginger Ale, fruit, Jolly Ranchers (supposedly it helps to suck on these), a frozen pizza (something quick if I feel like eating a real dinner one night), cottage cheese, and 100 calorie cream filled chocolate cakes (he thought I might feel like eating these).

It's going to be very interesting at work if the nausea gets worse. I'm hoping no one notices the Ginger Ales in the mini fridge, because the pregnancy police who have been glancing at my stomach since I got married are going to notice.

Anyway, not complaining about any of this. I was slightly worried yesterday when ALL of my symptoms went away, but they've come back today.

No comments:

Post a Comment