Pages

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 22, 2010

OB Confirmation Appointment

I had my OB confirmation appointment this morning. P came with me, but overall it was not very exciting. I peed in a cup, filled out some paperwork, we gave our family histories, and they took 7 vials of blood. They are basing my due date on my last missed period rather than my ovulation date (which wasn't until cycle day 30), so as of right now I'm 10 weeks along and due October 18. However, I predict that will change when I have my first ultrasound. If not, then I was a failure at charting and OPKs lie.

The practice I'm going to does 2 ultrasounds - one at 12 weeks and one around 20 weeks. Since they think I'm farther along than I do, I should be getting an ultrasound sooner. I have another appointment on Thursday morning which is my first physical. I'll get to meet one of the OB's, but will see a different one at each appointment until I pick the one I want as my primary. At my Thursday appointment the doctor will schedule my ultrasound. The nurse couldn't schedule it today because apparently that throws Tricare into a tailspin, so the doctor has to do it. I also had to sign a form saying I understand that Tricare may decide not to pay for any ultrasounds (why? because they suck). Good thing we've got the Baby Fund.

I'm hoping my appointment on Thursday is more "exciting." I think I'll get more info since I'll get to see a doctor. My blood pressure was higher than normal today (135/89), but according to Google it's technically not too high for pregnancy. Hopefully that was just nerves and not the start of something serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment