Pages

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 23, 2010

30 week appointment

30 week appointment went well. I only gained 1 lb from the 28 week appointment, so I'm proud of that. My blood pressure was slightly higher than normal (129/80 when it's usually 110/70), but I blame that on having to see the OB in the practice who I'm not fond of and who makes me nervous. I might check it at CVS or Target sometime this week. I had my thyroid tested again at 28 weeks and got the results from that today. TSH is down to 2.27 so I shouldn't need to increase my Synthroid dose. Since it's down below 3 again I can stop worrying about it being too high to affect milk supply after he's born.

We were supposed to start our childbirth classes last night based on the email confirmation I got from the instructor when I signed up for the classes in June. However, she called yesterday afternoon to confirm that the class actually starts this coming Sunday. Oh well. P's boss and his wife recently finished the classes, and we are a little worried she's going to be way too crunchy for us. P's boss's wife is considerably more of a hippie than we are, but if she was put off by the woman's attitude (the typical stuff - anti-epidural, go natural, etc.) then I can only imagine what we're going to think! Hopefully we will actually get something out of it, and since this is our only option for classes in Williamsburg there's not much we can do abut it.

How far along: 30 weeks 5 days

Next appointment: September 7 - 32 weeks

Any new aches/pains: Nope.

Maternity clothes: Except for one or two tops, it's all maternity clothes now.

Sleep: Last week was good, and now I'm back to waking up all night long.

Best moment this week: Having a weekend with nothing planned.

Movement: It's party party party all day long.

Food cravings: Homemade peach ice cream from Handel's (it's a local ice cream shop in W'burg). We went by last night, but they were out of peach! I'd been looking forward to it all weekend, but I settled for chocolate peanut butter brownie ice cream instead. If this is all I have to complain about, things are ok!

Belly button: It's still in!

What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach.

What I'm looking forward to this week: A week of weather in the low 80s during the day and mid to upper 60s at night.

Weekly wisdom: If at first you don't succeed in getting homemade peach ice cream, try again later. Which I will be doing sometime this week after I call ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment