Pages

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 9, 2010

28 week appointment

I had my 28 week appointment this morning and go every 2 weeks from now until week 36 when it switches to weekly. Wow, that's really going to make time fly!

I had to drink the glucose drink 30 minutes before the appointment, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I've heard. I had the fruit punch version and it tasted like Kool-Aid to me (or what I remember Kool-Aid to taste like, haven't had it in years).

The appointment was one of the more eventful ones I've had. They did an internal exam (don't listen to the horror stories, the cervix check did not hurt one bit) and measured my belly. The NP didn't seem to think I was too large, unlike the mean woman I encountered at TJMaxx who told me I was too big for how far along I was and then proceeded to look at my belly like I've done something wrong! The NP also suggested we buy a carseat soon. Interesting comment - definitely a suggestion rather than an indication she thought I'd go into pre-term labor. We'd been planning to buy it soon anyway, as soon as the Babies R Us gift card we cashed in credit card rewards points for arrives in the mail.

Cross your fingers I don't get a call later this week and have to go back for the 3 hour test!

How far along: 28 weeks 5 days

Next appointment: August 23 - 30 week appointment

Any new aches/pains: Nope. Some hip pain at night, but that's about it. It goes away as soon as I roll to the other side.

Maternity clothes: Except for one or two tops, it's all maternity clothes now.

Sleep: Some nights it's good, some nights I'm up with heartburn and hip pain. I'm still feeling generally rested though, so I can't complain too much.

Best moment this week: Shopping and brownie sundaes with Shannon and Heather. And no, we didn't share the sundaes.

Movement: All the time. Some days it's a full on dance party and then he seems to need to rest a bit the following day.

Food cravings: Nothing really at the moment.

Belly button: Still in! Woohoo!

What I miss: Being able to sleep on my stomach and go shopping for regular clothes.

What I'm looking forward to this week: Shannon's baby shower and getting in the pool afterwards.

Weekly wisdom: If your a/c breaks for the 2nd time in 6 weeks, just go to a hotel and don't think about the cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment