Pages

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

30 weeks!

I don't know why I feel like 30 weeks is a milestone, but I do. Maybe because we'll have a baby sometime in the next 10 weeks which does not seem like a lot at all! My weekends are filling up quickly and before you know it I'll be confined to the 'Burg for October.

I'm starting to have baby clothes anxiety. At first I didn't think we had enough 0-3 size clothes. Now I think we have too many and not nearly enough size 3-6. Ack. I've made P promise to stop me when I start saying I want to wash baby clothes because if we end up with a weird size baby I don't want to have clothes in the closet that never get worn. Good thing most of them are from Carter's right down the road and I've kept all the receipts. My mom has been told her first baby duty is washing clothes when we get home from the hospital.

Apparently I'm looking huge because I've started to get size comments. A woman at work on Monday asked me if I'm having twins and then started to laugh at me. Whatever, I can still wear size small maternity clothes (and here comes the snark - the woman who said it is by no means a size small.....). I'm going to have to work on growing a thicker skin because these comments enrage me and if I'm having a bad day I end up in tears once I'm alone. Maybe I should work on my comebacks ahead of time and really lay the guilt on people. Oh well, I guess this is just one of those things that all pregnant women have to endure.

How far along: 30 weeks 0 days

Next appointment: This coming Monday

Any new aches/pains: No, I've actually been hip pain free all week!

Maternity clothes: Except for one or two tops, it's all maternity clothes now.

Sleep: Not bad at all recently. No heartburn, hip pain, and only 1 pee break. (knocks on wood)

Best moment this week: Shannon's baby shower and getting in the pool! Pool time has never felt so good.

Movement: All the time. I don't think he stopped moving at all yesterday, and I got my first kick to the ribs.

Food cravings: Last night I varied between wanting ice cream (which we didn't have) and white cheddar popcorn (also which we didn't have). I ate a couple Cheez-its instead.

Belly button: The belly button is a trooper. Still in, but we noticed last night that it looks like it's disappearing. Maybe if it does pop it won't stick out too much.

What I miss: Not having anxiety about leaving the house because I don't know what someone's going to say to me and if it's going to ruin my day.

What I'm looking forward to this week: Using our last 20% off Babies R Us coupon to buy a bunch of things we still need (changing pad, bottles, etc.). We should pretty much be done with the necessities after this!

Weekly wisdom: Fat women who make comments about your size are only doing it because they finally can. (Yes, this is super mean but I really don't care. Blame it on the hormones.)

1 comment:

  1. I agree! I don't know why people feel that you and your body become public property when you are pregnant! Nothing annoyed me more. I really think you look great and I wouldn't let those mean comments get to you. You'll have that sweet baby boy and still be tiny and that woman will still be fat!

    ReplyDelete