Pages

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 29, 2011

We've made it to the other side.

Knock on wood, but I think we've made it over the hump of Wonder Week 26.  Plus both bottom teeth are in.  Finn is napping again even though he's trying to drop the third nap at 6 months.  Nights are back to normal.  For the past couple nights he's been drinking one ounce less than the previous night at his 4am feeding, so I'm hoping he's weaning himself from it.

He can sit for a few seconds by himself now, and has pulled back upright after picking up a toy quite a few times recently.  We'll keep working on it and I bet he'll be sitting all by himself very soon!  Still waiting for the back to tummy roll, but he gets 75% of his body over.  If only that pesky arm wasn't in the way.....

Now that both bottom teeth are in we've started cereal up again.  No more shrieking as soon as the spoon touches him mouth.  Since he's never been a big eater, so far eating about an hour after the previous bottle works the best.  I know they're supposed to get the bottle first since it's still the main source of nutrition, but this boy has better things to do than eat so that's not going to happen.  I feel like we spend most of the day eating even though he's dropped down to 5 bottles a day (and one of those is at 4am).

I'm so glad to have my happy baby back!

No comments:

Post a Comment