Pages

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

First ultrasound!

We had our first ultrasound yesterday! I really expected to cry when I saw the baby and heard the heartbeat, but I must admit that my first reaction was that it looks like an alien. The baby was slightly uncooperative and was facing the screen the whole time, so it was hard to get a good profile shot. We got to see the little guy for a good 15-20 minutes and it really was the most amazing experience. He was flipping all over the place and kicking up a storm!

Baby is measuring a week ahead of where I thought I was, so the due date changed to October 27. We're hoping for a Halloween baby at this point!

The sonographer guessed that it's a boy, but made us promise not to run out and buy anything. I'm excited about that, and also interested to see if it changes at our anatomy scan.

Since the baby was not cooperating she couldn't take the NT scan measurements, so I'm going back on Friday for one more try. Oh darn, I have to see my baby again. :)

All in all, it was a great day. My blood pressure was way down from the previous appointments which makes me very happy. I think they key is to have them take it after I've been there awhile and not when I first walk through the door.

Can't wait to go back on Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment