Pages

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Nursery Inspiration

Sometimes I think part of the "mommy gene" is missing from me because I find that my ideas about babies and all their "stuff" is not typical. I do not like matchy-matchy nurseries or nurseries that are overly cutesy. I also don't see the point in bedding sets because babies don't use quilts. Luckily, I have a very crafty mother! She made all the bedding for my sister and me, and she's offered to make me whatever I want for our nursery.

I want a beachy nursery that is obviously for a baby, not overly cutesy. I also want it to be gender neutral. My mom is going to make the crib skirt, bumpers, and a wall hanging. We've looked at fabric and patterns, but haven't seen anything I love yet. My mom decided to do some looking around online and found Sea Creature Appliques from www.youcanmakethis.com. This is exactly what I'm thinking of for our nursery! Lots of colors in the wall hanging and my mom will make a crib skirt and bumpers in whatever green we incorporate in it.


My mom downloaded the patterns for each of these sea creatures for a total of $3.99! Now that we have something to look at and know what I want, maybe the fabric search will be a little easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment