Pages

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 26, 2010

2nd attempt at NT scan was a success!

I went back to the doctor's office on Friday so they could try the NT scan again. This time we had a cooperative baby and the tech could get the measurements she needed.

Crown-Rump Length: 7.43cm (was told under 8 is good)
NT measurement: 1.5mm (under 3 is good)
Heart rate: 159bpm

I also had more blood drawn and should get our risk assessment at the next appointment on May 13. I got the blood work results back from my first appointment. Not that I was surprised, but it's always good to hear you don't have HIV, syphilis, herpes, and every other STD out there. I'm also not a carrier for Cystic Fibrosis. This is a relief to Patrick because he's very concerned he's going to have to get blood drawn for something baby-related!

My reward for getting blood drawn was a trip to Prime Outlets afterwards. I kept my promise to the ultrasound tech and did not go into the baby outlets, but I did hit up Motherhood Maternity. I bought a pair of black work pants, black capri pants, a skirt, a black shirt to go with the skirt, and 2 collared work shirts. Not too bad!

Now for the fun part - 3 more ultrasound pictures! I got to see the baby flip over, swallow, and wave. Pretty neat!

***Pictures removed 9/1/10 for privacy***

How far along: 13 weeks 5 days

Next appointment: May 13. 16 week appointment is standard weight, blood pressure, pee in the cup. I'll get more blood work done too.

Any new aches/pains: Nausea seems to be gone for good! (Let's hope I didn't just jinx myself.) I have occasional heartburn and some back pain.

Maternity clothes: I'm wearing maternity pants at work for the first time. I have no shame.

Sleep: Still waking up to pee in the middle of the night and having vivid dreams, but I wake up feeling rested. I can feel the 2nd trimester energy building!

Best moment this week: The 2 ultrasounds last week were fantastic! I also found out that 2 very close friends are pregnant and we're all due before the end of the year. Baby Fest 2010!!!

Movement: Not yet, but I've heard it can start at Week 14. I'm not holding my breath.

Food cravings: Mexican food. I've been good about not giving in to cravings as much.

Belly button: Still in.

What I miss: Right now, nothing.

What I'm looking forward to this week: Hitting 14 weeks on Wednesday. Making plans to visit Rebecca in Hawaii.

Weekly wisdom: TBD

No comments:

Post a Comment