Pages

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

35/35

35 weeks down, 35 days to go!

The good: The good things about pregnancy are slowly winding down, but I think I can name a few.
-I can still shave my legs without any problems
-My blood pressure remains low
-Baby moves all the time
-Baby is head down (verified by ultrasound yesterday)
-2 weeks to full term

The bad:
-Some of my maternity shirts are too tight, so I'm very limited in my work wardrobe.
-Some days I feel like I've been kicked in the pubic bone, and it always hurts to roll over in bed now.
-I have pregnancy-induced carpal tunnel in both hands and it sucks. It's not painful, but my fingers feel like they're asleep all the time. Very annoying.
-I literally have to pee every 30 minutes now. Sometimes I can feel his head sitting on my bladder and it makes the urge to pee so much worse.
-My feet swell daily now and I'm pretty sure I'm retaining water in my feet and ankles. Some days it looks like I have marshmallows attached to my calves.

The ugly:
-My butt has gotten rather large.
-The scale is going up frighteningly fast right now.

How far along: 35 weeks

Next appointment: Next Wednesday (I got weekly now)

Any new aches/pains: Nothing new really. I'm very happy not to have had any back pain yet.

Maternity clothes: I'm over them, especially the tighter ones.

Sleep: It's pretty bad right now. I wake up every 1-2 hours all night long.

Best moment this week: As of today I only have 1 month of work left. Repeating this is all that's getting me through right now.

Movement: All the time. It's nice to know for certain that he's head down, but I've been suspecting he's been head-butting me in the bladder for awhile now.

Food cravings: Anything, and anything sweet. I'm much hungrier than normal right now.

Belly button: It's still in and almost completely flat.

What I miss: Not being pregnant (Is that bad to say?)

What I'm looking forward to this week: 2 weeks to full term. Our Ikea trip on Saturday to buy a bigger bed.

Weekly wisdom: Remember to take moments to breathe and calm down when things get stressful. There are very few things that are more important than the baby right now, and it's ok to say that.

No comments:

Post a Comment