Pages

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 6, 2010

Crib skirt and bumper

My mom finished our crib skirt and bumper. They're made from green and white seersucker gingham. She's also made something with pockets to hang over the changing table/dresser, and my dad is figuring out how to hang it for us.


Things left to purchase: I'm pretty sure we have everything we need (and then some!), but I'm still trying to decide whether or not I should buy a breast pump now. I wouldn't open it so it could be returned if I needed to, but I kind of want to go ahead and get it so if I need it right away I don't have to send someone out to get it. Now if I could only stop myself from buying holiday-themed baby clothes.

Speaking of holiday baby clothes, my mom and I recently went to see her friend who makes baby clothes. They were both in the same smocking guild years ago and her friend still sews for family and friends. She's making Finn's Christmas outfit out of white flannel (not flannel like a flannel shirt would be made out of, but really soft cotton fabric) and smocking snowmen on it. I found this online and she's using it as her inspiration:

Since we really have no idea what size he'll be, I wanted something that could be worn starting in late November and through the rest of winter. I'm so excited to see the finished product which she said she'd have ready around early November!

How far along: 32 weeks 5 days

Next appointment: Tomorrow

Any new aches/pains: I'm getting mild pain right at my pubic bone, usually after walking or standing for extended periods. I also feel it when I roll over at night. I really hope it doesn't get worse!

Maternity clothes: Some of them are starting to get a bit snug.....uh oh.

Sleep: It comes and goes. I'm interested to see if Finn's waking habits will be around the same times as I usually get up at night. LOL, at least I'll be used to it.

Best moment this week: My 4 day weekend.

Movement: I don't know what kind of business he's conducting in there, but he's full steam ahead all the time.

Food cravings: Brach's candy pumpkins which I found in Target this weekend. This could be dangerous.

Belly button: It's still in and almost completely flat.

What I miss: Not wondering if my pelvis is going to hurt every time I stand up.

What I'm looking forward to this week: Meet & greet appointment with a pediatrician tomorrow and Heather's baby shower on Saturday.

Weekly wisdom: Just remember that anything you put online can be seen by anyone.....and it could be people you never imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment