Pages

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Childbirth Class #3

Childbirth class #3 was Sunday night. We focused on labor positions and talked a bit about pain medication options. The instructor set up different stations where we tried out various labor positions and I thought that was pretty interesting. The most comfortable one for me was sitting backwards in a chair leaning over a pillow. LOL, I kind of want to sit this way at my desk at work!

Everyone laughed when P and I got to the station that involved foot massages. I hate having my feet touched and can barely make it through a pedicure. I must have had a really pained look on my face while P was massaging my feet because people started laughing. I'm pretty sure this position will never be used during labor! Hopefully some of the others will be helpful while I'm waiting for the epidural.

________________________________________
Random things:

-I really wish someone had made me buy all my maternity clothes one size too big. Things would be so much more comfortable right now if I had done this!

-Before getting pregnant, I assumed I would spend the entire 3rd trimester being terrified of labor. I never understood what women meant when they said "I'm just ready to have this baby." Oooooh, I understand now. I often wonder how I'm going to make it 6 more weeks. Some days I feel like I've been kicked in the pelvis and anything other than sitting on the couch hurts.

-My butt has gotten large. It's totally my fault for eating too much and exercising too little. I'm a bit disappointed in myself, but that does not stop me from eating Caramel Apple Hershey Kisses.

-I've decided that my belly is an optical illusion. I'm feeling very self-conscious about it, so I decided to use a tape measure last night and measure it. At 34 weeks, it should be measuring around 34cm. Guess what? It's measuring right on track! I imagine that a taller person would not look huge with my belly, but since I'm so short it just looks huge.

How far along: 33 weeks 6 days

Next appointment: Next Tuesday

Any new aches/pains: Pubic bone pain. It's pretty bad some days.

Maternity clothes: Yes and I hate them all.

Sleep: It really varies.

Best moment this week: Hmm, not sure yet.

Movement: Yup, he's still very active. He has hiccups multiple times a day.

Food cravings: Anything sweet.

Belly button: It's still in and almost completely flat.

What I miss: Not being huge.

What I'm looking forward to this week: It's another week closer to the end.

Weekly wisdom: Don't be vain. Buy maternity clothes in a larger size so you'll be comfortable later.

No comments:

Post a Comment