Pages

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Viability!

I made it to 24 weeks and viability! Very exciting! I had my 24 week appointment today which was boring (a good thing, I think). We listened to the heartbeat and they gave me the nasty stuff to drink for the 1 hour glucose tolerance test at my next appointment.

My mom recently ordered the fabric for the crib skirt and bumper - it's a gingham seersucker in green and white:


We've ordered the crib, mattress (which should be delivered today), and glider (which should be delivered Monday). It feels like Christmas! We're hoping to get the nursery as done as possible, minus the furniture of course, by the end of this weekend.

How far along: 24 weeks 1 day

Next appointment: August 9 - 28 week appointment

Any new aches/pains: Nothing new, just hips occasionally at night.

Maternity clothes: Except for one or two tops, it's all maternity clothes now.

Sleep: I'm still getting up at least once a night to use the bathroom and if I end up on my back I wake up with heartburn.

Best moment this week: Hitting the viability point! Obviously I would never want to go into labor this early, but it's nice to know that his survival is greater than 50% now.

Movement: Off and on all day and it's getting stronger!

Food cravings: Last night I really wanted a milkshake, but satisfied myself with chocolate milk instead.

Belly button: It's still in, but getting flatter by the day.

What I miss: Bud Light Lime on these hot days we've been having.

What I'm looking forward to this week: Furniture being delivered.

Weekly wisdom: Always make a pee plan because you don't want to end up stuck without a bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment